To earn this degree, students must:
1. Credits Required: A minimum of 12 credits is required to receive the ASC-HLS-HLS.
2. A minimum of 6 credits must be completed at Hawai'i CC.
3.Minimum GPA Required: A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required.
Language Requirements (4 cr)
HAW 101, 102, 201, 202
Core Requirements (8 credits)
Required (3 credits)
Electives (5 credits required)
Any other Haw and/or HwSt courses not already taken
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Communicate Effectively - Speak and write to communicate information and ideas in academic settings.
- Think Critically - Retrieve, read, and utilize information and synthesize, analyze and evaluate that information to gain understanding and make informed decisions.
- Reason Quantitatively - Use quantitative, logical and symbolic reasoning to address theoretical and real-world problems.
- Apply Areas of Knowledge - Utilize methods, perspectives and content of selected disciplines in the natural sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Engage as Global Citizens - Demonstrate awareness of the relationship between self, community and the environment, respecting cultural diversity and an understanding of ethical behavior.
- I Ola Hāloa Center for Hawaiʻi Life Styles - Hawaiʻi Community College on FaceBook
- Mōkaulele Resources Request Form
- Hawaiʻi Papa O Ke Ao
- Ka Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi
- Unukupukupu on FaceBook
- Lei o Hilo Ka Ua Pē I ka Uahi
- Naʻu Pālamanui
- Kīpaepae Request Form
- Papaʻā Hale & Kapakapakaua Malae (HLS 380A) - Reservation Form
- Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center