Hooray! We’re glad that you’ll be returning to Hawai'i CC and look forward to assisting you with completing your educational goals. If you’ve been out of school for at least a semester, you’ll need to reapply to get started again. Please read below for guidance on re-establishing your student status. Contact us at (808) 934-2710 if you have any questions.
Step 1. Submit Online Application for Admission
Complete the Online Application
- If you previously applied on-line and remember your Login ID and PIN, you can use it again to submit a new application. Or, select “forgot your pin” to create a new password.
- If you are a Hawaiʻi Resident or an active duty Military or eligible Military Dependent Stationed in Hawaiʻi there is no application fee
- To apply for the Military Non-Resident Exemption submit the following:
- Submit completed Armed Forces Verification Form [PDF]
- Submit a copy of Military Orders
- Dependents must also submit a copy of their Military Dependent ID
- There is a non-refundable $25 application fee for non-Hawaiʻi residents
- Information about Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Additional information for International Students
- Application deadlines (REMINDER! The following deadlines do not apply to International Students):
-Fall term: August 1
-Spring term: December 15
NOT SURE OF A MAJOR? GET SOME DIRECTION!
Our Career and Job Development Center can help you get some direction! With the guidance of our Career and Job Development Counselor, you can explore career pathways and potential majors. Start planning now and get where you're headed quicker.
Call our Career and Job Development Center in Hilo to schedule an appointment at (808) 934-2731
Step 2. Apply for Financial Aid (if needed)
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Online
If you need assistance with completing your FAFSA application on-line, please contact our Financial Aid Office at (808) 934-2712 to schedule an appointment with a peer mentor. Priority deadline for Financial Aid every year is March 1st (Fall) and October 1st (Spring). File prior to this date to qualify for the greatest amount of assistance, as some funds are limited.
STEP 3: HEALTH CLEARANCES
Check with our Admissions & Records Office to determine whether or not you’ll need to re-submit any health clearance documents. (808) 934-2710
STEP 4: DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR FORMER ACADEMIC STATUS?
- If you were in good academic standing (GPA 2.0+) when you left the college, then you’re good!
- If you were previously dismissed from the college, has it been one year since you were last enrolled? If not, you’ll need to file an appeal to see if you can be re-admitted prior to completing your one year dismissal.
- If your HawCC GPA is below 2.0, you’ll need to meet with an Academic Counselor prior to registering for classes. With a GPA below 2.0, students are generally not eligible for Financial Aid. During your appointment with the Counselor, more details will be provided specific to your situation. To contact the Counseling Office, please call (808) 934-2720