The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Human Services Program Advisory Council:
- Christian “Kimo” Alameda, County Executive, Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Mary Correa, Retired Complex Area Superintendent, Department of Education
- Carla Kurokawa, Employment and Training Manager, Alu Like Hawai‘i Island Center
- Kathleen McGilvray, Chief Executive Officer, YWCA of Hawai‘i Island
- Ian “Kaleo” Pilago, Educational Specialist/Manager for Hale Kea Testing Center, Hawai‘i Community College
- Kelly Stillman, Sales Manager, Employment Experts