The Hawaiʻi CC Instructional Technology Support Office (ITSO) is part of the Academic Support Unit reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. ITSO provides support to Hawai`i CC faculty teaching distance education classes.
ITSO supports the mission and goals of the college by providing faculty with instructional design support to increase creativity and the effective use of instructional technology. We are committed to assisting faculty in the design and development of instructional materials for distance education courses.
- Faculty will be increasingly comfortable integrating current instructional technology into curriculum due to the Instructional Technology Support Office's Laulima training and support.
- The online faculty, department chairs and administration will have clear and current information about distance education.
To meet the Unit Outcomes, ITSO engages in the following activities:
- Provides instructional design support and procedures to guide the development, delivery, evaluation, and revision of distance education courses.
- Develops and supports rigorous instructional design models.
- Designs and facilitates professional development workshops and training to support teaching and learning with technology.
- Conducts one-on-one consultation services addressing technology integration planning, and the design and development of online course sites.
- Serves as a campus resource for technology integration and instructional design for the distance teaching and learning environment.
- Maintains web pages to support DE faculty and students.
- Researches and provides faculty training for new technologies and strategies that enhance achievement of student learning outcomes.