The Hawaiʻi CC Instructional Technology Support Office (ITSO) is part of the Academic Support Unit reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. ITSO provides support to Hawaiʻi CC faculty teaching distance education classes.
ITSO supports the mission and goals of the college by providing faculty with instructional design support to guide the development, delivery, and revision of distance education courses. We strive to increase creativity and the effective use of instructional technology and are committed to assisting faculty in the design and development of quality distance education courses.
- Develop and support rigorous instructional design models.
- Provide templates and resources including course design worksheets, a course design template, and a syllabus template.
- Design and facilitate professional development to support teaching and learning with technology including a self-paced on-demand badging program.
- Conduct small group and one-on-one consultations to explore innovative online teaching strategies, and support faculty in the development of online content and courses.
- Serve as a campus resource for technology integration and instructional design for the distance teaching and learning environment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a consultation.