The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Electronics Technology Program Advisory Council:
- Miles Nagato, Technical Superintendent, HELCO, Inc.
- James O'Keefe, County of Hawai‘i, Dept. of Water Supply
- Kevin Owen, Hu Honua Bioenergy LLC
- Rodrigo Romo, Program Director, Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems
- Darryl Watanabe, Electronics Technician, Institute for Astronomy
- John Wong, Verizon Wireless