The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Automotive Mechanics Program Advisory Council:
- Wesley Ferreira, Senior Sales/Marketing Executive, Automotive Supply Center
- Thomas Haraguchi, Retired Service Manager
- Kent Inouye, Owner/Manager, Bayside Chevron Services
- Louis Perreira, III, Owner, Louie’s Auto Repair
- Jeffrey Quebral, Owner/Manager, Island Performance & Offroad