Important Notice:At this time, admissions will be temporarily paused for the AAS-AEC program. We will not be intaking any new students for the 2022-2023 academic year. Please check the website for updates. Students are still being admitted into other programs. If you would like to speak with us about options, please contact us at (808) 934-2720 or email@example.com.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Using computational and reasoning skills, demonstrate entry-level skills for accuracy in drawings, and identifies the relationship of features to demonstrate visualization proficiency.
- Formulate, design, revise and construct projects utilizing knowledge of proper construction materials and resources based on design criteria, and be able to defend, explain, and discuss.
- Design and generate Architectural and Engineering documents using two-dimensional and three-dimensional CAD programs.
- Demonstrate operational competence in using surveying hand tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate communication, critical thinking, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Illustrate within the design process an understanding of the balance between cultures, community, and the environment.
Course Learning Outcomes
Proficiency levels in reading, writing and/or mathematics are required to register for some or all of the program courses:
|SUBJECT AREA||MINIMUM PLACEMENT INTO COURSE|
- Donna De Silva
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Architecture, Engineering and Construction Technologies Program Advisory Council:
- Jordanah Ah Puck, AIT Scott Fleming and Associates, LLC
- Randy Dameg, Land Surveyor III, Engineering Department, County of Hawai‘i
- Alukahe Kala, Tax Map and RecordsTech II, Planning Department, County of Hawai‘i
- Matt Okuno, Inspector, PublicWorks-EngineeringDepartment, County of Hawai‘i
- Jarrett Okutsu, KY International, Inc.
- Asia Wasser, GIS Analyst III, Department of InformationTechnology, County of Hawai‘i