Congratulations on your decision to go to college! We’re excited that you’re ready to start your educational journey with us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Please read through the steps below for guidance on getting started. Contact us at (808) 934-2710 if you have any questions.
Step 1. Submit Online Application for Admission
Complete the Online Application
- For first time users, select Create a Login ID and PIN
- If you are a Hawaiʻi Resident or an active duty Military or eligible Military Dependent Stationed in Hawaiʻi there is no application fee
- To apply for the Military Non-Resident Exemption submit the following:
- Submit completed Armed Forces Verification Form [PDF]
- Submit a copy of Military Orders
- Dependents must also submit a copy of their Military Dependent ID
- There is a non-refundable $25 application fee for non-Hawaiʻi residents
- Information about Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Additional information for International Students
- Application deadlines (REMINDER! The following deadlines do not apply to International Students):
-Fall term: August 1
-Spring term: December 1
NOT SURE OF A MAJOR? GET SOME DIRECTION!
Our Career and Job Development Center can help you get some direction! With the guidance of our Career and Job Development Counselor, you can explore career pathways and potential majors. Start planning now and get where you're headed quicker.
Call our Career and Job Development Center in Hilo to schedule an appointment at (808) 934-2731
Step 2. Apply for Financial Aid (if needed)
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Online
If you need assistance with completing your FAFSA application on-line, please contact our Financial Aid Office at (808) 934-2712 to schedule an appointment with a peer mentor. Priority deadline for Financial Aid every year is March 1st (Fall) and October 1st (Spring). File prior to this date to qualify for the greatest amount of assistance, as some funds are limited.
Step 3. Health Clearance
Submit a copy of your TB Clearance (less than a year old effective the first day of instruction) and a copy of your two Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shots immunization record. This is REQUIRED before you can register for courses!! Health clearance documents should be mailed, brought in person or faxed to our Admissions and Records Office:
Admissions and Records Office
Hawai‘i Community College
200 W. Kāwili St.
Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 934-2501 (fax)
(808) 934-2705 (phone)