The HawCC fact book was developed to provide an additional means for faculty and staff to find institutional data in support of grants, scholarships, assessment, program review, accreditation, or other reporting needs.
The intention of the HawCC Institutional Research Office is to update the fact book as time and resources will allow during the Summer break every year, so that Faculty and Staff can utilize the site for their reporting needs during the course of the upcoming academic year. The fact book will continue to be built out to accommodate the needs of the college.
The charts linked below were developed to provide a better understanding of the students we currently serve in the community. These snapshots reflect certain characteristics of the 3087 credit student fall enrollments at Hawaii Community College as of 2015.
|Major Program Area||Entering Students|
|Classified Headcount Enrollment||Ethnicity|
|Attendance Status||Hawaiian Ancestry|
|Citizenship Type||Registration Status|
|Educational Level||Early Admit|
|Total Population of Hawaii County (2014 Census Estimate)||196,428|
|Total Land Area of Hawaii County.||4,028 square miles|
|Median Household Income (2009-2013)||$51,213|
|Unemployment Rate, Hawaii County (april 2015)||3.9%|
For the current unemployment rate go to the State of Hawaii Dept of Business, Economic Development & Tourism-Monthly Economic Indicator page at: http://dbedt.hawaii.gov/economic/data_reports/mei/
Click on the Hawaii County link under the list of counties for Historic Monthly Data and go to end of spreadsheet for the most current rate.
In addition to the current unemployment rate for Hawaii County, the link below compares Fall enrollment at HawCC to the Hawaii County unemployment rate.
Many other useful facts about Hawaii County can be found at U.S. Census Bureau County of Hawaii QuickFacts
- Enrollment (CENSUS)
- Headcount Enrollment Overview
- Headcount Enrollment, Multi-Year
- Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Enrollment, Multi-Year
- Selected Student Characteristics, by Unit
- Selected Student Characteristics
- Headcount Enrollment of Credit Students by Educational Level
- FTE Enrollment of Credit Students by Educational Level
- Distribution of Majors by Educational Level
- Distribution of Majors, by Ethnicity and Gender
- Opening Enrollment
- Transfers into Four-Year Campuses
- Selected Characteristics of UHCC Transfers
- Academic History of UHCC Transfers
- Applications Processed
- Selected Characteristics
- First-Time Freshman From Hawai'i Schools
- Geographic Locations
- Historical - Applications Processed
- Degrees and Certificates Awarded
- Degrees Earned by Gender
- Certificates Awarded by Gender
- Historical Table of Degrees and Certificates Earned
- Historical Table of Degrees and Certificates Earned by College
- Historical Table of Degrees Conferred
- Historical Table of Certificates Awarded
- Degree Abbreviations
- Number of Personnel and FTE: All Funds (By Campus, Classification and Rank)
- Selected Characteristics of Faculty and Staff
- Selected Characteristics of Faculty
- Selected Characteristics of Instructional Faculty (UHM, UHH, UHWOA)
- Selected Characteristics of Community College Personnel
- Selected Characteristics of Instructional Faculty and Community College Personnel (By Unit)
Still can't find what you're looking for?
If you've looked over our Fact Book and still can't find what you are looking for, please contact the HawCC Institutional Research Office for assistance by Email: email@example.com or call 934.2648. Mahalo!