The HawaiiCC Financial Aid Office is looking for motivated and enthusiastic students to join our specialized team of student employees! If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where there's something new to learn every day, and if you are drawn to helping your fellow students on their college journey, this is the job for you! Visit https://www.hawaii.edu/sece/ and search for Referral Number: 18811.
Student employment is a great way to earn money while in school because scheduling is flexible based on your class schedule.
Federal and state funds that provide part-time employment for students who are enrolled at least six credit hours. Students are allowed to work maximum 20 hours during the academic periods and 40 during the interim periods and breaks.
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a need-based, federally funded college administered program that allows a student to earn a specified amount of money to help with college expenses.
General Employment (UH) is a program that offers on-campus, part-time jobs if a student does not apply or does not qualify for Federal Work Study (FWS).
- Half-time enrollment (6 semester hours Fall/Spring)
- Financial need as determined by financial aid policies
- Meet the financial aid satisfactory academic policy requirements
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Completed at least one Semester with Hawaii Community College
Bridge-to-Hope (BTH) is an employment option for welfare (TANF/TAONF) recipients and First-to-Work (FTW) participants who want to work and attend college full-time. To learn more about Bridge-to-Hope click here.
- Full-time enrollment (12 semester hours Fall/Spring)
- Welfare recipient (TANF/TAONF)
- Meet First-to-Work (FTW) requirements
Applying for Student Employment
STEPS TO APPLY FOR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
- TO SEARCH AND APPLY FOR ON-CAMPUS POSITIONS:
- Go to the UH Student Employment & Co-operative Education (SECE) web site, www.hawaii.edu/sece.
- This will take you to the UH System’s online job search database. Click the “Login Here” button in the upper right corner.
- Login using your MyUH username (name that precedes @hawaii.edu) and password.
- If it your first time visiting the SECE web site, you will be prompted to complete a student registration form. If you are returning to the web site, you will be directed to the Main Student Menu.
- Click the “Am I eligible to work?” button to view the matrix that will tell you what job program(s) you are eligible to apply for. Search for jobs which interest you and for which you are eligible.
- Make sure to read the job duties and qualifications for each position. If you are interested in applying for the job, you will need to process a job referral. Referrals contain the employer’s contact information and instructions on how to apply. Click on the “Add to my Referral” button at the bottom of the Detailed Job Listing.
- To process the job referrals that you have selected, select the jobs (maximum of 5 job referrals per program, per day), then click the “Process Referral(s)” button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Generated Referrals section, click on the referral number to pull up the job referral.
- Print the referrals and contact the departments you are seeking a position with.
- Follow the instructions provided on the job referral and be sure to take your job referral form with you to your interview.
- If selected for the job, and it is your first Hawaii CC on-campus job, visit Hawaii CC Financial Aid Office to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9). For a list of acceptable documents needed to complete Form I-9, visit http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf.
- In-person counseling is required with the Financial Aid Office priro to you beginning work study. Please contact Chelsie Rapoza at 808-934-2717 to make an appointment.
- Tax and payroll forms are completed and maintained by your employing department.
NOTE: If this is your first semester attending the College, you will not be able to view any job openings until 3 weeks before the start of the semester.
All paper paychecks and paystubs (direct deposit) will be sent to your employer. Click here for instructions to sign-up for direct deposit. Any questions contact Chelsie Rapoza in the Financial Aid Office, (808) 934-2717.