With our commitment to supporting your growth and development, Hawaiʻi CC have set aside institutional funds for professional development and service learning. To apply, please follow these:
We are working on revising the professional development request process. Updates to the process will be provided soon. Please reach out to your supervisor if you have any questions.
Rolling deadlines. The committee will review requests monthly.
When reviewing applications, the following points will be considered (in no particular order):
- Activity furthers the needs of the applicant's employment and the college goals.
- Alignment with Hawai'i CC Mission: To emphasize the knowledge and experience necessary for Kauhale members from all segments of our Hawai'i community to pursue academic achievement and workforce readiness.
- Alignment with the Hawai'i CC/UHCC Strategic Plans. This includes supporting our commitment to Students, Island Community and Kauhale.
- Potential impact on student success and/or College goals.
- Efforts/Inquiries into other funding sources made before applying for this PD support. (ability to leverage other sources)
- Intent to share knowledge gained with relevant stakeholders (e.g. colleagues, community agencies) via presentation, workshop, discussion and/or report.
- COVID 19 mitigation related to safety & distance education
- Studentʻs Basic Needs
- Enrollment & re-enrollment, build capacity to provide high touch wrap around support to students
- Loan forgiveness
- Expanding programs that lead to in-demand high-quality jobs: HEERF has aided institutions in creating access to new programs that prepare students for high-quality jobs in demand, as a result of the coronavirus, that require specialized training and education
Eligible activities and expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Hawai'i CC and UH-Hilo workshops/non-credit courses
- Professional conferences
- Skill certification programs
- Online training/courses
- Service Learning activities
- Expenses including course fees and other related fees such as registration fees, course supply fees, books, access codes, and other associated expenses.
Activities and expenses NOT eligible for funding include:
- Professional dues, subscriptions, and journals
- Equipment, including computer hardware and software
- Campus workshop coordinated through FSD committee
- Departmental workshop coordinated through DC/Unit manager
- Instructional Guide (digital) submitted to FSD committee and made available to campus on website.
- Other activity: ________________________ (would need to be approved by a body before funding is approved)
Requests are evaluated on the basis of equitable access to professional development opportunities for all faculty, staff, and lecturers. Hawai'i Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran, national guard, victims of domestic or sexual violence, gender identity and expression, genetic information, citizenship, credit history, and income assignment. For inquiries regarding our nondiscrimination policies, please contact Christine Quintana, Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, email@example.com. For faculty/staff disability accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (808)934-2525.