This program prepares the student for employment as a skilled tradesperson who troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs various types of diesel engines, trucks, tractors, boats, and other heavy equipment.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Function safely in a heavy equipment shop environment.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to gather and convey information.
- Apply theory and principles for proper diagnosis, repair, and maintenance in the heavy-duty truck equipment industry.
- Practice the minimum essential mental, physical, and behavioral skills necessary to maintain professional proficiency.
- Work collaboratively with others as well as independently
Beginning July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education began requiring colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices.
The data includes occupations, placement rates, on-time completion rates, average costs and program median loan debt.