|the Automotive Mechanics Technology Office is located at Building 322 on the
UH Hilo Upper Campus.
This program prepares the student for employment as a general mechanic in a service station or auto dealerâ€™s shop, or as a specialty mechanic or a specialist on engine tune-ups or electrical systems.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Identify and demonstrate proper work readiness skills and respect for cultural differences.
- Apply safety measures at all times.
- Maintain proper use of shop tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate access and use of online repair manuals.
- Diagnose and repair typical problems encountered by owners of vehicles.
- Perform routine maintenance functions on vehicles.
- Possess a valid driverâ€™s license
- Proficiency levels in both reading and mathematics are required to register for some or all of the Program courses:
|Subject Area||Minimum Placement into course|
|Mathematics||Math 22 or Math 50|