- Hawaii Community College Annual Fact Book
- HawCC Strategic Planning Documentation
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Data Feedback Report
- National Community College Benchmark Project
Institutional Research & Analysis Office (IRAO)
University of Hawaii System - Academic Planning and Policy
Whether you are looking for institutional, program, or course information, the IRAO website is an excellent resource for your data needs.
Another useful tool on the IRAO website is the Data Access Portal, or DAPER. DAPER has taken the place (for the most part) of our Management and Planning Support (MAPS) reports of long ago. This web-based reporting tool has a wide variety of reports available to you including: Enrollment, Admissions, Course, Financial Aid, and information on other initiatives within the UH system. Depending on the report selected you can also set reporting criteria such as the reporting period, campus of interest, credit/non-credit, headcount, student semester hours and more. Just use the “Dataset Options” on the left hand side of the reports. Some reports also have numerous export options such as, PDF, Excel, or CVS file formats.
The Hawaii Community College Annual Fact Book was developed to provide an additional means for faculty and staff to find institutional data in support of grants, scholarships, accreditation, or other reporting needs. The intention of the HawCC Institutional Research Office is to update our fact book as time and resources will allow during the Summer break every year, so that Faculty and Staff can utilize the site for their reporting needs during the course of the upcoming academic year. The fact book will continue to be built out to accommodate the needs of the college.
Our strategic planning document is a running record of key performance indicators for the college. It is updated every year and for some measures we already have 5 full years of data. The strategic plan is structured so that it will list a particular measure, list the goal for the measure, then highlight the difference in the actual value for the measure, and that of the goal. Our goals are presented by a predetermined percentage of change expected, and the value is compounded every year.
In our strategic plan you will find breakouts for Native Hawaiian attainment, HawCC as a whole, Distance Education measures and more. You will find data regarding enrollments, pell participation, unclassified student counts, recent high school graduate data, full-time/part-time enrollment figures, Achieving the Dream Initiative measures, financial aid, remedial placements, enrollments, and completions, award achievement, numbers on transfer students (both in and out), gpa's, CCSSE performance, and distance learning enrollment and achievement data.
Following the strategic planning document you will also find a handy glossary that explains how the measures were collected and further defines each measure.
- 2015 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2014 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2013 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2012 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2011 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2010 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2009 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2008 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2007 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2006 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
- 2005 IPEDS Data Feedback Report PDF
"The Data Feedback Report is intended to provide institutions a context for examining the data they submitted to IPEDS. Our goal is to produce a report that is useful to institutional executives and that may help improve the quality and comparability of IPEDS data." (from report)
- 2015 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) PDF
- 2014 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) PDF
- 2013 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) PDF
- 2012 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) PDF
- 2011 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) PDF
- 2010 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) XLS
- 2009 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) XLS
- 2008 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) XLS
- 2007 National Community College Benchmark Project (NCCBP) XLS
National Community College Benchmark Project
The NCCBP has been collecting community college data since 2004 and offers community colleges one site where their trend data is available. The powerful peer comparison tool lets colleges compare themselves to others on every benchmark. Collecting a large variety of data helps community colleges do a well-rounded analysis of their progress; you are not limited to only looking at student outcomes, but can compare cost data, satisfaction and numerous other benchmarks. In 2013, 270 community colleges from across the United States participated in NCCBP.
Higher Education Accountability
Community colleges have been under increasing pressure to demonstrate effectiveness to federal, state, and accrediting agencies, which require comparisons with others on effectiveness and outcome measures. The NCCBP was created to fulfill this need. (From NCCBP website)