Instructions for subscribing to the Hawai'i Community College Campus Master Calendar for Faculty and Staff
- Open Google Calendar.
- On the left side, find "Other calendars" and click the down arrow Down arrow .
- Select Add by URL.
- Copy and paste this ICAL link in the field provided: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/hawaii.edu_1hg2e1tsnaqfrp3vfr22l1p5pg%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It might take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
If you have questions, please contact Callie Villanueva at email@example.com or 934-2810.
How to Unsubscribe
- Open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- At the top of the page, click the Calendars tab.
- Find the calendar you no longer want access to, and click the Unsubscribe link on the right.
Hawaiʻi CC Guidelines & Procedures for Calendar Submissions
Promote and create awareness of Hawaiʻi Community College events to Students, Faculty, Staff, and the Public.
A "Business Day" is considered Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm, except Hawaiʻi State Holidays. Anything that falls outside of this range will be considered as starting on or submitted on the next available business day.
A "Faculty/Staff Event" is an event intended for the Faculty and Staff of Hawai'i CC but is not intended for all students and the general public. Examples include: All-College Meetings, Faculty/Staff Christmas Party, and Professional Development Workshops.
A "Student/Public Event" is an event open to and intended for members of the public and/or students, but which may also be intended for Faculty and Staff. Examples include: Class Registration Workshops, Hawai'i Community College Day, Earth Fair, Hilo Culinary Classic.
The Student/Public Event Calendar can be accessed directly at http://hawaii.hawaii.edu/events.
The Faculty/Staff Event Calendar can be accessed directly at https://www.hawaii.hawaii.edu/faculty-staff.
Procedures for Submitters
- Click on link for Submit Event/Announcement at goo.gl/JEkkeO
- Submit events for Student/Public or Faculty/Staff or both
- Double check content and contact information
Please write your responses exactly as you want them to appear.
- Requests should be submitted more than 5 business days in advance of event to ensure timely posting.
Note: Submit media requests such as news releases separately to the External Affairs and Relations Coordinator for review and dissemination.
- All Hawaiʻi CC sponsored events (on and off-campus)
- Events held on Hawaiʻi CC premises sponsored by any UH entity
- Hawaiʻi CC program events or events open to the public
- Events approved by the Hawaiʻi State Ethics Commission exempt charities
- Aloha United Way
- Hawaiʻi Foodbank
The following submissions WILL NOT be approved.
- Events by for-profit and non-profit companies except where Hawaiʻi CC is involved.
- Events in which Hawai'i CC is only the venue.
- Anything which violates Hawaiʻi State Ethics.
- Anything which violates BOR E2.210 Use and Management of Information Technology Resources.
- Use the official institution and names or abbreviations.
- Hawaiʻi Community College or Hawaiʻi CC
- Not HCC nor HawCC nor HawaiiCC nor HawaiʻiCC
- Hawaiʻi Community College - Pālamanui or Hawaiʻi CC - Pālamanui
- Not HawCC - Pālamanui nor HawCC West Hawaii
- University Center, West Hawai'i or UCWH
- Not University of Hawaii Center, West Hawai'i nor UHCWH
- University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo or UH Hilo
- Not UHH nor UH-Hilo nor University of Hawaii-Hilo nor University of Hawaii, Hilo
- Include proper Hawaiian diacritics and characters.
- ʻokina, Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū ʻ
- Use correct domain names.
- Not www.hawaii.edu
- Use proper, single punctuation, particularly for exclamation points.
- Not Free!!!!!!!!!!
- Use proper sentence capitalization, not all caps, as that hampers accessibility.
- Not FREE
- Spell out all abbreviations with optional parenthetic abbreviations; this improves comprehension for visitors