Most people think Title IX is for schools with Athletics, but did you know that Title IX also promotes and opens the door for women and girls pursuing math and science, requires fair treatment for pregnant and parenting students, and protects students from bullying and sexual harassment, among other things.
Did you also know that the architect of the Title IX is Hawaii Congresswoman Patsy Mink who she was denied entry to medical school because of her gender?
Together with Violence Against Women Act and CLERY Act, Title IX promotes equity and safety on campus. Here's a short video to acquaint yourself Title IX. Know Your IX:
Remember the 10 Key Areas of Title IX!
UH System Policies:
- UH Executive Policy EP 1.202, Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
- UH Executive Policy EP 1.204, Policy and Procedural Guidelines on Sexual Harassment
- UH Executive Policy EP 9.210 – Workplace Non-violence: Sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking are prohibited conduct under the workplace nonviolence policy.
- UH Executive Policy EP 7.208 – University of Hawaii System-wide Student Conduct Code.
- UH Executive Policy EP 2.210 – Executive Policy on the Use and Management of Information Technology includes guidance on complying with University policies on sexual harassment, email harassment, and community standards regarding privacy. The policy also references Hawaii law prohibiting the use of computers to commit sexual assault and child abuse.
- UH Administrative Procedure AP 9.920 – Discrimination Complaint Procedures for Employees, Students, and Applicants for Employment or Admission
- UH Administrative Procedure AP 9.900 – Policy and Complaint Procedure for Members of the Public Who Have Discrimination Complaints Regarding Public Accommodations or ADA Complaints Regarding Disability Access to University Services, Programs, and Activities
Resources and Library:
- UH Title IX Presentation [PDF]
On May 6, 2016, employees attended a Title IX training presentation by Jennifer Solidum Rose, Director, Office of Institutional Equity, University of Hawai'i: