The Internship Coordinator’s services include the following:
- Linking applicants to internship opportunities
- Assisting applicants in developing pre-employment skills
- Developing new internship opportunities to offer applicants
- Providing support to local businesses that offer or are interested in developing internship opportunities.
- Counseling, support and guidance for all interns.
Internships are a great way to gain practical work experience that can be listed on a resume. It allows you the time for career exploration if you are undecided with no long term commitment. On the flip side, internships provide an opportunity for one to get your "foot in the door" to possible long term employment.
For more information:
Jan Marie Osorio
Hawaii Community College
200 W. Kawili St.
Hilo, HI 96720