Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Retrieve, integrate and apply relevant and reliable information, concepts from multiple disciplines and standards of nursing as the basis for evidenced based nursing care.
- Utilize the nursing process as an ongoing framework for critical thinking to assess, plan, prioritize, implement and evaluate safe and effective nursing care for healthy individuals and individuals with complex disorders who need the expert care of a professional nurse.
- Demonstrate compassion and caring by developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships based upon mutuality and respect for the health and healing practices, beliefs and values of the individual and community.
- Demonstrate the ability to function and communicate in a collaborative manner as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team to effectively manage care for individuals, families, and groups of individuals in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver effective health education as an integral part of promotion, maintenance and restoration of health, management of chronic conditions, and end of life care.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and practice within the legal and ethical framework of professional nursing.
- Utilize self reflection to analyze personal practice and experiences for ongoing learning and professional growth.