Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Retrieve, integrate and apply relevant and reliable information, concepts from multiple disciplines and standards of nursing as the basis for evidenced based nursing care.
- Use the nursing process as a framework for critical thinking to assess, plan, prioritize, implement and evaluate safe and effective nursing care for those who have predictable nursing needs.
- Demonstrate compassion and caring by developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships based upon mutuality and respect for the health and healing practices, beliefs and values of the individual and community.
- Communicate and function as a member of a multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver effective health teaching as an integral part of promotion, maintenance and restoration of health, management of chronic conditions, and end of life care.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and practice within the legal and ethical framework of licensed practical nursing.
- Use self-reflection to evaluate their nursing effectiveness and personal experiences for ongoing learning and growth.