The Hawai'i Community College Children's Center has openings for the 2017-2018 academic year. The Children’s Center provides care and education for children 18 months to 5 years of age for children of students, faculty, and staff of Hawai'i Community College and University of Hawai'i at Hilo. Teachers at the Children’s Center have specialties in Early Childhood Education.
The Hawai'i Community College Children’s Center is the primary training site for Early Childhood Education students enrolled in Certificate and Degree programs at the Hawai'i Community College. Early Childhood Laboratory Students work as teacher aids in the center.
ADMISSION AND APPLICATION
Application for childcare are available to parents currently registered or have received acceptance into Hawai'i Community College or University of Hawai'i at Hilo. Children of faculty and staff from both campuses are also welcome.
Priority for enrollment will be given to:
- Returning families.
- Parents who are full-time students
- Parents who are part-time students
- Faculty and staff
Phone: (808) 934-2624
- Pick-up, complete, and return application to the center.
- After application has been processed you will be notified and a $50 application fee is due to secure your child’s space.
- Form 14 (physical) and TB must be completed before school starts.
- Service to children with special needs will be evaluated in a case-by-case basis.
- Additional forms will be filled out before school starts.
TUITION and OTHER DETAILS
- Toddlers: $2,600 per semester or four payments of $650
- Preschool: $2,400 per semester or four payments of $600
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks are included.
- The Hawai'i Community College Children’s Center follows the University of Hawai’i school calendar.
- Toddler classroom accepts children from 18 months.
- The preschool classroom accepts children 2.6 to 5 years of age.
- Special needs children are welcome.
- School Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.