The WICC is currently reviewing its procedures for evaluating WI courses for the following purposes:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the wriitng intensive component of each WI course.
- Determine whether each course on the WI Active List meets the Hawai`i CC Writing intensive Guidelines to maintain its continued status on the Active List.
- Improve the course before it is offered again.
- Provide information for an annual report to the UH System-wide Standing Committee on Writing Communication about the effectiveness of the WI program on our campus.
- Shortly after final grades are due, instructors will submit to the WI Coordinator (electronically or in print):
- Completed student surveys administered during weeks 13 to 16 (online or print survey)
- A completed instructor survey.
- Current course syllabus and writing assignments.