As a service to Hawai‘i Community College faculty and students, Hale Kea proctors make–up tests.
Please note that we unable proctor tests for entire classes, large groups, or during final exams week.
(appointments strongly recommended)
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (Tests must be completed by 4:15 p.m.)
Information for Students
- Discuss testing details with your instructor.
- Call Hale Kea to schedule an appointment (walk–ins may not always be accommodated).
- You must bring a photo ID to check in for the test.
- Bring the Student Make–Up Test Slip when you come to take the test.
- You must abide by Hawai‘i CC Student Conduct regulations (see general catalog for more info).
- Only approved instruments/materials are allowed in the testing room. Approved items will be noted on the Student Slip and the Test Instructions Form. No exceptions will be made. All other personal belongings (wallets, bags, purses, cell phones, etc.) will be locked in a secured cabinet during the test.
- Be on time for your test. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you can take the test only if it is allowable according to the Test Instructions Form AND the Center is able to accommodate you. If you arrive late, and as a result the test would extend past Center hours, you can still take the test if the center is able to accommodate you, AND you agree to a reduced testing time (end the test by 4:15) and sign a Reduced Test Time Waiver form.
Information for Faculty
- Discuss testing details with your student.
- Complete a Student Make–Up Test Slip and give it to your student.
- Remind your student that he/she should call Hale Kea to schedule an appointment.
- Complete Make–Up Test Instructions form.
- At least one business day prior to the date of the test, deliver the Make-Up Test Instructions form along with the test to HKATC. If arrangements are being made to proctor the same test for more than one student, the same Instruction form can be used, but copies of the test must be provided for all students.
- Instructors need to pick up and sign for completed tests. Tests cannot be returned through campus mail.
- All unmarked tests remaining at the end of the semester will be shredded unless otherwise noted on the Instructions form.
- All forms can be picked up at Hale Kea or campus mailed to you upon request.