Culinary Arts (CULN) Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Apply appropriate ethics for purchasing and receiving in the culinary industry.
- Demonstrate proper work attitudes and work habits.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of culinary departmental functions and their relationship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the culinary industry business operations.
- Demonstrate entry-level proficiency in technical skills required in the culinary industry according to the American Culinary Federation.
- Choose an appropriate career path based on industry knowledge or requirements.
- Apply appropriate etiquette, appearance, and hygiene as required by industry standards.
- Demonstrate skills necessary for acquiring a job in the culinary field.
- Integrate their knowledge of Hawaiâ€˜iâ€™s culture and food into cuisine.
- Apply nutritional concerns to the creation of menus