The Digital Media Arts program prepares students for employment in the field of digital media design and production. It provides the necessary education and training to students who are seeking entry-level positions as digital media artists and/or transfer to a Baccalaureate granting institution. It provides professionals already in the field with updated technology training. The program offers an Associate of Science Degree (AS) and a Certificate of Competence (CO).
- Learn a wide variety of Digital Media Arts skills by taking classes in photography, video, graphic design, animation and more.
- Access state-of-the-art cameras, computers, software programs and other equipment that will prepare you to work with industry-standard technology.
- Learn from faculty and lecturers who are accomplished art and digital media professionals.
- Get real-world experience with an internship opportunity.
- Start at Hawai‘i CC and have the option to transfer to a four-year program within the University of Hawai‘i system or beyond.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Use technology effectively to create visual artworks.
- Gather, analyze, and evaluate information visually.
- Apply knowledge of aesthetics to the needs of the community.
- Demonstrate professionalism with a digital portfolio.
Beginning July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education began requiring colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices.
The data includes occupations, placement rates, on-time completion rates, average costs and program median loan debt.