|the Diesel Mechanics Office is located at Building 323 on the
UH Hilo Upper Campus.
This program prepares the student for employment as a skilled tradesperson who troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs various types of diesel engines, trucks, tractors, boats, and other heavy equipment.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Function safely in a heavy equipment shop environment.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to gather and convey information.
- Apply theory and principles for proper diagnosis, repair, and maintenance in the heavy-duty truck equipment industry.
- Practice the minimum essential mental, physical, and behavioral skills necessary to maintain professional proficiency.
- Work collaboratively with others as well as independently.