The Business Technology program enables students to communicate clearly through oral and written interactions complying with standard office etiquette. Students will use current and emerging technologies to create and produce quality, mailable office documents, and will learn how to organize and manage multiple organizational tasks and coworkers in an office, making efficient use of time and resources.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Work as a responsible member of a team to meet an organization's objectives.
- Demonstrate professionalism in work quality, appearance, attitude, and workplace behavior as required in a diverse business environment.
- Use current and emerging technologies effectively to create and manage documents and handle multiple priorities.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written interactions, complying with standard office etiquette.
- Use research, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to make informed choices and solve problems for personal and work-related situations
- Apply appropriate strategies to secure employment, retain a job, and advance in a career.
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate real-word problems in quantitative terms.
Beginning July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education began requiring colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices.
The data includes occupations, placement rates, on-time completion rates, average costs and program median loan debt.