This Certificate of Completion provides students with the administrative and clinical skills necessary for an entry level medical office position in the health care field. Working environments include hospitals, medical offices, clinics, and other health care facilities.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Work as a contributing team member to assist in delivery of safe, effective health care.
- Demonstrate professionalism in skill performance, appearance, and attitude appropriate to the heath care setting.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using appropriate medical language through oral and written interactions.
- Demonstrate compassion, caring and respect for the health and healing practices, beliefs and values of the individual and the community.
- Apply critical thinking skills to make decisions that reflect legal and ethical standards in health care.
- Use self-reflection to evaluate the effectiveness of learning and personal growth.