This program is designed for students planning a career in the field of merchandising/marketing. The competency-based curriculum is designed to prepare students for positions such as sales associate, stock clerk, display person, account assistant, assistant buyer, marketing assistant, and assistant manager and to provide basic training for possible advancement to management positions.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Synthesize principles and concepts of marketing in developing a marketing plan.
- Devise marketing campaigns/presentations in diverse formats that are adaptable to different target markets and stakeholders.
- Use customer relationship management strategies within any business or retail organization.
- Use management and organizational behavior principles and skills for any marketing occupation.
- Develop the ability to think strategically as an individual and effective team member.
- Demonstrate work attitude and appearance consistent with professional practices.
- Develop current technology skills and the ability to utilize those skills in real world situations.
- Develop an understanding of evolutionary globalization and the technological advancements associated with the dynamic business environment.
Student Learning Outcome AssessmentWe are committed to quality learning through the systematic assessment of our programs and course learning outcomes.
|Assessment Reports |||Course Learning Outcomes |||Five-Year Assessment Plan |||Program Review|
What Do We have To Offer?
The Hawaii CC Marketing Program offers the one-year Certificate of Achievement degree emphasizing sales and retailing, and a two-year Associate in Applied Science degree which involves more in-depth course work in sales, retailing, advertising, marketing, and supervision.
Hawaii CC has helped me grow and mature as an individual. The teachers at Hawaii CC were always there to give me the one-on-one attention whenever I needed help. They were not only my teachers, they were my friends. The degree I earned at HawCC enabled me to pursue my business career.
Hawaii CC has an ideal learning environment.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Beginning July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education began requiring colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices.
The data includes occupations, placement rates, on-time completion rates, average costs and program median loan debt.