The Accounting program prepares students for entry level positions in private and public businesses. Learning centers on the accounting equation (assets = liabilities + equity). The accounting cycle, recording financial transactions, and preparing financial statements.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Perform basic accounting tasks and business math skills to maintain accurate accounting systems in for-profit organizations.
- Communicate with stake holders in a manner that reflects organizational culture and sensitivity to diverse customer and community needs.
- Perform basic office functions using standard and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate, in a work environment, effective self-management through efficient use of time and personal commitments.
- Participate effectively in individual and group decision making.
- Use critical thinking skills to make decisions that reflect legal and ethical standards of the accounting profession.
What Do We Have To Offer?
No matter what career you choose, success in the workplace requires:
- Managing money and resources intelligently
- Applying critical thinking and communications skills
- Maintaining high standards of professional ethics and personal integrity
By erolling in the Hawaiʻi Community College Accounting Program, students learn & develop these skills, competencies & values.
The Accounting Program offers a Certificate of Achievement in Accounting (CA) and an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS).
|Certificate of Achievement in Accounting||Associate in Applied Science (AAS)|
Upon satisfactory completion of 31 credits, a student earns a Certificate of Achievement and would be prepared for the following careers:
Upon satisfactory completion of 61 credits, a student earns an Associate in Applied Science degree and would be prepared for all the Certificate of Achievement careers as well as:
Attending Hawaii Community College has given me valuable hands-on experience and taught me the skills needed to work in the accounting field. The professors were very knowledgeable and definitely helped me to reach my career goals. With the help of one of my professors, I was able to get my first accounting job. I would highly recommend Hawaii Community College to students who are interested in exploring the accounting field.
Small Business Specialist
Taketa, Iwata, Hara and Associates LLC
HawCC Class of 2001