This program prepares students for employment in government service, agribusiness, horticulture, livestock, flowers and foliage, landscape, macadamia nuts, papaya, and coffee industries.
The mission of the Agriculture Program is to maximize the potential of individuals to fulfill their personal and career goals by providing curricula that prepare students for entrepreneurship or employment within the many fields of agriculture or landscaping. Our program provides course work and direct, hands-on learning experiences emphasizing current, environmentally and economically sound, and sustainable principles and practices that develop the skills, knowledge, and abilities vital for Hawaiiâ€™s green industries as well as for a healthy, productive society.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Plan and manage projects and cultivate horticultural crops using legal; sustainable; safe; and ecologically, biologically, and technologically sound practices.
- Design gardens that demonstrate the aesthetic principles of unity, repetition, balance, color, and texture congruent with the customers' desires.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Set-up and manage a business enterprise.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in ways that effectively support the work to be accomplished.